Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We encourage our patients to ask any and all questions they have about their dental care. The best outcomes start with a thorough discussion about your needs and wants, and the best place to start is by asking questions. No question is too small, because we want you to be informed and confident with the decisions you make about treatment.
Here are some of the questions we hear most often, but you probably have many of your own based on your specific needs. If you don't see yours listed here, please give us a call, and we'll find the answer you're looking for!
- When should I bring my child for their first visit?
- What do dental sealants do?
- What is the proper way to brush and floss?
- What is a "root canal" treatment?
- Why does a root canal treated tooth sometimes need to be retreated?
- What is dental decay and how does it form?
- What is a dental filling?
- What are the symptoms periodontal disease?
- How is periodontal disease ("gum disease") treated?
- What happens during my first appointment at your office?
- Understanding Tooth Sensitivity
- Do you accept my insurance?
- Will I receive notice of how much my insurance company will pay?
- How much will my procedure cost?
- Why is my benefit different from what I expected?
- Why isn’t the recommended treatment a covered benefit?
- What is UCR, and how is it determined?
- How do I clean around my new implant-supported crown?
- What options do you offer to replace missing teeth?